Friday, October 5, 2012

Basement Redo (otherwise titled how many things can I paint with a quart of black enamel paint!)

One obligatory before picture...
Oh, and a reminder of the before of the chairs (and you can see the table in the background...)

You can see more before pictures of our basement here.  I have been working down in the basement a TON!  First we cleared almost everything out and then painted.  SO SO happy not to have the yellow walls anymore.  Don't know WHAT I was thinking 6 years ago when we first painted!!  We also finally painted the windows and actually cleaned them.  What a difference!! Then we had the carpet cleaned (need to remember to schedule that once a year...)  My mom has been coming up and helping me with sewing (i.e. ironing!!)  We still have one set of curtains to hem, but love love how it is all coming together!!  And very much enjoying working with my mom.  She has Alzheimer's so this time together is just very special to me. (Thanks to my Dad for providing transportation!!)
 
 I got this storage idea from Dixie Delights (ahem, among other inspiration!!  LOVE her style!!)  Please ignore the need to be painted adirondack chairs in the background.  Sigh.  Another project!
 The Lego storage/buffet set up.  Works great for putting the football food out :)  Heading over to HomeGoods to look for a bigger bin for the arsenal. ;)  Ah, boys!
 Another area for food.  Plus game storage.
 The poker corner.  So pleased with how the chairs and table came out.

Cozy area for movie watching and football game cheering!  Do you think I should add some R's on the red pillows?  I have enough navy and white chevron to do that...

(I just added the Patriots "art".  Found it at HomeGoods.
Eventually we will replace the ceiling, but we need to recover from our bathroom projects first!! ;)

Room color: Benjamin Moore Sand Dollar
Fabrics: Premier Prints from various online sources
Things I painted with ONE quart of black enamel paint:
6 Poker Chairs
1 Poker table
1 Island (now bar area)
Lego storage table
2 sofa side tables 
and 2 mirrors for the boys bathroom (obviously not shown here!)






4 comments:

Dixie Delights said...

It looks fantastic!!! I love love love the curtains and poker corner. And thanks for the shout out :-) I'd def add the Rs to the pillows in question. I mean, you can't have too many monograms! xo

Gabi said...

Yes, I thought I should monogram those pillows too! :) Thanks for the advice!

Suzanne said...

Nice work, I love the curtains too!

Comeca Jones said...

Excellent job!