Friday, October 31, 2008

Candy corn cookies

Well, for some reason these posted in the reverse order from which I wanted them too, so bear with me as I give directions for candy corn cookies. Obviously we are looking at the finished product first! So, scroll down to the end of the post, and we will start there! :) Very yummy! Happy Halloween!!
cool on a wire rack. Then melt white chocolate in the microwave (I did it for 1 min. 30 sec. on 50% power), did the end of each cookie in the melted chocolate and then dip in orange and yellow sprinkles (the cookies with yellow bottoms got yellow sprinkles and the plain bottoms got orange)
Transfer snakes to floured surface. Cover with parchment paper and roll out until you have a 15" x 4" rectangle. Then cut on an angle back and forth as shown above. Bake at 350 oven for about 10 min.
with 1/4 of each color, make a 12" long snake (do not flour dough at this point, or they colors won't stick in the next step!)
Divide a batch of sugar cookie dough in 3 parts (I used the Martha Stewart Sugar Cookie recipe) Leave one part as is. To 1/3 add 1 tsp lemon zest and yellow food coloring. To the last 1/3 add 1 1/2 tsp orange zest and orange food coloring (I used red and yellow, cause I don't have orange) Divide each 1/3 into two pieces. (I doubled the cookie dough recipe and forgot to divide into 1/4s so my first batch was really big!!)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

The cookies are so cute and they look delicious! The white chocolate and sprinkles are a nice touch!!

Jill said...

These are so cute.

Suzanne said...

Adorable, nice work!