Thursday, September 25, 2008

C is for Cookie...

I made these snickerdoodles on Monday. Snickerdoodles are a favorite. My mom used to make them a lot when I was growing up. She still has her original Betty Crocker 1956 cookbook and when I got married she gave me a copy (the replica of the original). There are some great recipes in there and the entertaining/meal planning advice is fun to read!

Last Monday I made chocolate chip cookies. I think I am going to make sure to carve out time on Mondays for cookie making. I love the way the house smells while they are baking, and J and C love to come home from school and have a fresh cookie with a glass of milk. This is not a usual snack for us, but it is nice! (although, if I make cookies every week, I guess it will be a regular snack!!) I pack the boys trash free lunches for school, and it is great to have homemade cookies on hand to add as a dessert. We are a nut free house, both boys are allergic to peanuts, and this is an easy way to know that their treats are nut free. I also can use some whole wheat flour too, just to make them a little "healthier" (I am fooling no one, I do know cookies are not healthy!!)
So, I think on Mondays I will post my cookie of the week. I am looking for some yummy suggestions. Nut free of course. And I need to learn how to NOT eat cookies all day.....
Gabi

2 comments:

CarolinaGirl said...

Thank you for your sweet words, and it was and still is, the hardest thing I have ever done. I miss her terribly, but it helps to know she is with tons of family and that I can go see her any time I want.

I love cookies, and my only problem is that I eat too much of the dough before I actually cook them!

Suzanne said...

The snickerdoodles look great. We bake a lot here for the reason you mentioned, you can control the ingredients.