Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Book Group (otherwise known as great conversation!)

I hosted book group last night.  Only 4 of the 7 of us could get together, so we tabled book discussion and just enjoyed catching up!  We are a great mix of women.  Most have kids, but not all.  Many different choices for schooling our children:  Public, independent and Waldorf.  Makes for some great  conversation.  Some are work out of the home moms, some not.  We really have it all covered!  A couple of the women I really only see at book group, even though we live in the same small coastal town.  We have been meeting since C was a baby, so it has been almost 7 years!  LOVE IT!

I made recipes from the cooking classes I have been taking (YUM!)


Menu

Carrot and Parsnip soup with Grated Apple
Hearty Irish Barley and Bean Salad
Fresh Greens with pear, pomegranate and goat cheese

and chocolate covered pretzels for dessert!!

We were supposed to read this:

I have heard great things about it, so I'm glad we tabled the discussion until next time!

Instead, I read this!  I LOVED it!



The boys and I deliver the gingerbread house afterschool.  Keep your fingers crossed that we get it there in one piece!

2 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

Dinner sounds delish! I have heard such good things about that book! Great talking to you... new green is better. Still bright but MUCH better!!

KK said...

I loved both books. Isn't being part of a diverse book club just so much fun?!