Tuesday, August 28, 2012

One of my basement projects

One of the items John received from his family home was a bumper pool table/poker table. (you can kind of see it a little in the back ground)  He and a group of guys play poker in our basement about once a month.  Pretty soon after we moved into our current home (almost six years ago!!), a friend of his called and said he needed to come right away, there were six chairs on the side of the road that matched the poker table.  Off he went to pick them up!  And yes, they did match the table perfectly.  I have always thought they were the ugliest chairs ever, and couldn't even believe they were in my house!  But they never came out of the basement. ;)

Well, as part of my basement re-do project, I working on painting and re-covering the chairs.  Finally!
The 2 arm chairs are finished!  Here is a picture of the finished product:
Everything is a little better with a monogram!

I still have more fabric on its way.  I am going to make a small pillow for each of these with a coordinating red fabric.  Hopefully I will have the finished basement pictures ready to share soon!
And a shout out to Dixie Delights for introducing me to Premier Prints fabrics :)  Love.


4 comments:

Dixie Delights said...

ooooh...LOVE!

Suzanne said...

Wow, it looks amazing!

Unknown said...

FREE? I'm always amazing at what people throw out - you did an amazing job on these - I just love them!
Now happily following you - would love to have you come by for a visit and follow back when you have the time!
Hugs,Suzan

DIYbyDesign said...

I love these. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.