Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Boys Bathroom- Before and After

Wow!  I can't believe I never posted the before (well, more like during) and after pics of the boys bathroom!  Here it is!
Please take note of the lovely blue tub and blue tile on the floor!  The tile actually started bubbling up.  Our contractor ripped out the walls halfway up (they were tiled with 4" white tiles)

 I so wish that I had more before pics!  The gray area of wall board was where a pocket door was.  Don't you just love the light fixtures?? 
Here is a better view of where the pocket door was.  The area with the pendant light just had a sink
 We had bead board installed where the 4x4 tile had been.  Love it!
 Sorry these pictures are so bad!  They were taken at night, with a phone and there was no electricity at this time....  

And the new tub is in!  And it's white!  Yippee!
And finally, the after pictures!  I found the mirrors at home goods, on clearance, but they were a cream color.  I just got out my handy dandy black enamel paint, and they are perfect!  I think they were only about $20 each!  Score!
 And the granite was a remnant from the same place that did our master bath stone.  It is a 7 foot long vanity.  No fighting over space in here!
 We opted for a glass door, for the sole purpose of keeping water in the shower, and not getting all over the floor!

 Both of the boys have the personalized towels from PB.  They have had them for ever and really like that they have hoods, so when they outgrew them, I just bought some coordinating solid towels at Target and added on :)  
I still need some accessories, but it is a much improved space!




3 comments:

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Great job! Thanks for joining Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

Lobster Meets Peach said...

How awesome! And I have a agree that hooks are the way to go with kiddos!!!

Suzanne said...

Beautiful, I'm sure they must be loving their new bathroom! Should have consulted you before we did ours :)