Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Our Family Room makeover

You can go here to see the family room before before, and then our first after.  Here are pictures from our most recent after...
I had slip covers made for the striped couch and the two chairs, after being inspired by this and then TOTALLY lucked out by finding an existing slipcover for my other couch for $100.  That's right, $100!!!
I happened to have the curtains (from Target) on hand already, they used to hang in our attic in our old house, so all in all this was a fairly budget friendly makeover!

I still REALLY want to paint the brick, but John does not....sigh.

some fall decoration


love this whale!  A friend gave it to me for my birthday.

notice the leftover fabric from J's room???

this is my $100 slipcover!  Yippee!!

7 comments:

Henley on the Horn said...

G, you have been busy!!!! It looks great!

Patsy said...

Love it!!! I would totally paint the fireplace for the all white look a la Molly Frey Design or Val R.'s house.

bevy said...

Ok... We forgive you for not blogging lately! xox

Miss Janice said...

Everything looks great...love the slipcovers and the pumpkins in the candlelabra!

KK said...

Fabulous!!! Please tell us where you found that great slipcover!

Suzanne said...

Looks great, love the pattern on the chairs!

3 Peanuts said...

So pretty!!!! Love it all!