Thursday, September 10, 2009

Look what we trashed picked Monday!!

Seriously, someone put this on the side of the road with a free sign on it! John went out for a bike ride Monday morning (yay John) and called me a couple hours later. I, of course, thought he was hurt or needed help, but no! He said he was standing guard by a piece of furniture and I had to come right away to pick it up. So I grabbed the boys, we hopped in the minivan (how fortunate that we have one) and away we went. It does need a little TLC, but we have been looking for a piece for our dining room, and this will work out quite well. and, come on, it was FREE! By the time I got to John, he was chatting with the owner's of the piece. They helped us load it into the car and everything. They had had the piece for 30+ years....
Not sure what we will store in it though. Maybe linens?? Maybe some silver that we have from John's family? Not sure yet. I do think we need to do some rearranging though. This should be centered on the wall, and currently there is a mirror there....not bad problems to have though!
I am off to the paint store to get some paint for our 1/2 bath floor. I will hopefully post some pictures of that project tomorrow!

8 comments:

JMW said...

That's great! I wish I came across such treasures while riding my bike.

Jessica Ryan said...

SCORE!!!! Love it!

3 Peanuts said...

Wow--what a GREAT find!!!

Christi said...

WOW. that is an amazing piece of furniture. a true what's one man's trash is another's treasure. so many possibilities ....

Tickled Pink And Green said...

O.M.G. I want one!!!!!

KK said...

What a great find!!! I have a similar piece that I have used all over our various houses--in the dining room full of china, in Pinkie's room as a linen press, and in our sunroom! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl - what a great find!

Love the back to school signs in the pic on the last post - great idea! Hope you don't mind, but I'll be stealing it for next year's back-to-school pictures.

Andy said...

Whaaaaat! You scored big time!