Thursday, June 18, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Playroom Edition


It's time once again for Show Us Where You Live hosted by Kelly over at Kelly's Korner! This week we are showing playrooms (or laundry rooms, and my laundry room is boring, so i am only showing the playroom!)
The boys' (I include my darling hubby in this description) playroom is in our basement.



Train table that is now mostly used for Legos and Playmobile
Storage of all the wooden toys and legos (these pictures were taken awhile ago, all the legos are now stored by color in those bins you are supposed to use for screws, or they are stored all over the entire surface of the floor. I have a love hate relationship with legos)
Puzzles (that are going to be donated to a younger cousin soon) other toys. I painted the picture with the rubby ducky when I was in high school. I'm so glad to have it hanging now!

Arts and crafts. This island was in our old kitchen, works great as an arts and crafts table! The cabinet has been relocated to my studio. They just get a bookcase now.
This door is the reason we have our alarm system activated! The door and windows provide great light though! We are so fortunate to have them on our basement! Oh, and I just realized these pictures were taken before we had the baseboard moulding installed. It looks much better! Trust me.

And finally, John's playroom! This is where poker happens.
This is the mural I painted on the stairs going down to the playroom in our last house. I need to do something for the boys in this house....Not sure what though!

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Heather said...

I love your playroom!! SO big and really clean!! You are very organized! Great job!

Ann said...

Wow your playroom is quite spacious...your kids must have great moments in there. And the mural looks really cool for a poker room.

Jessica Ryan said...

Your mural is Ah-Maze-ing!!!! I love it... I was looking at your toys... my kids would have fun over there... my play room is a disaster. I haven't gone over since Play Date from Hell!!!

Too bad you aren't closer, I'd have you all here instead of Newport... watching the weather and it does not look promising!

Did you get my last email?

King J's Queen said...

Huge playroom, and so well organized. That mural is great!

Jessica Ryan said...

you have been tagged my friend!

Suzanne said...

Oh your playroom is way neater than ours right now!

McClure Family said...

i wish we had a basement! we dont have those in tx!!



see my home:
http://mcclurefamilyspace.blogspot.com/

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Oh nice playroom! Oh what I'd give to have a basement!!!

3 Peanuts said...

Wow--your mural is so good:)

Christi said...

thanks for reading my blog!

i adore your playroom .... so kid friendly and looks very loved. i think a room/house that looks homey and loved is so wonderful, especially when it shows in a photo!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

I would KILL for a basement. Nobody has them around here....sigh...