Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mexico cont...

This was J's 8th birthday! He sure is going to have high expectations for next year... ;) Here is J making the dolphin, Melissa, dance. This was such a COOL experience! I have wanted to swim with dolphins ever since I read "Ring of Endless Light" by Madeline L'Engle.
C was a bit hesitant to get right in the water with the dolphins, so he was made "assistant trainer" and LOVED it! He eventually joined us all in the water.
Back at the resort. Had to take a picture in front of the pink flowers.
And this is what we did most of our time in Mexico. Floated around in the pool on yellow tubes. Seriously, I think we may forgo any international travel until the boys are older and just go to Arizona or Florida. All they want to do is swim in the pool.....
And C doing his thing in the pool.

The boys school has their auction (held every other year) on Saturday, so I will be busy with that the next couple days. Unfortunately my next posts won't be nearly so tropical....

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

The dolphin encounter looks awesome! We did a shallow water encounter at Atlantis that was very limited, it was age appropriate for the kids at the time though.

We love those warm weather resort vacations, we're holding off on the "cultural trips" until they're old enough to remember them.

As far as the teeth, my son didn't lose his first until a month after his sixth b-day, my daughter just turned five in December...every kid is different I guess.

The Cape House said...

That looks like an incredible trip. I've always wanted to swim with dolphins!

Stepford Mommy said...

Aren't dolphins the coolest!!! It's so hard to describe how neat they are and at the same time how fragile they can be.

I'm so jealous!