Monday, March 2, 2009

An almost finished studio

This is my studio before. Dingy wall paper, too cluttered... just a mess!

Another before picture (even more before based on the furniture arrangement)

And "after". I painted my desk top (can't believe I went so long with it in the natural wood!). I still need to make my valances, maybe later today...

I got rid of the "natural" wood bookcase (actually I swapped it out with this storage cabinet from the playroom) and I have all my plastic bins of craft stuff in there. Also, most of my big cans of paint fit in the bottom cabinet.
Still need to: install peg board on the pink wall so I can hang my tools and wrapping paper/supplies. Coming along though!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Looks fantastic! How's your snow day?

Suzanne said...

Our day has gone quickly. Cleaned the playroom, had a Spanish lesson and the kids have been at the kitchen counter playing with play-doh for the past 2 hours. Hoping my husband will make it out of the city and home safely in a timely manner;)

Sounds like a good day there.

Hopsy said...

It looks great- very clean line preppy!

GrannySmithGreen said...

Very nice. Isn't it funny how long we live with things that just don't make us happy. What a difference a bit of paint makes!

Jessica Ryan said...

Looks great! My daughter's room is pink and green... Key Lime (Banjamin Moore) walls, bright pink Flokati (Company Kids) rug and a lovely pink, green and white Hydrandea comforter and bedding... so far nothing on her walls. (The stuff we had before we moved was much too "baby-ish" for her.) Her furniture is all white wicker. But her walls are bare, bare, bare and we really need something on them. Just can't find anything... well, we just can't agree on anything! LOL Any ideas?!

What Kate Wore said...

This looks outstanding! The pink wall is absolutely TDF! You are doing a greeat job!
tp