Monday, November 17, 2014

My new and improved craft room!

I have been working on relocating my office/craft room to the basement (the unfinished side!) since this summer.  It is about 90% finished!  We are planning on using the room I used to use for my craft room as a dedicated guest room.  Not that we have many guests, but we will be ready for them if they show up! 
We started with a very unfinished space.  John and I built this wall, covered one wall with bookcases and divided the space with curtains.
 Another shot of the wall. (exciting, yes, I know!)
 Here is the space today!  I LOVE it!  The table was my grandmother's dining room table and the chair is one of the chairs that goes with it.  The other chairs are being used in other rooms of the house.  I got the bookcases at IKEA.  J helped me put them together and honestly, he did a better job assembling them than I did.

 I got the two side chairs also at IKEA and tricked them out a la Dixie Delights.  Love them!!  The dresser I had, just switched out the pulls.  I found the mirror at HomeGoods.  The other accessories I had on hand.  
 I'm really please with how the chairs turned out!
 John and I got the turtle box in Jamaica on our honeymoon.  We watched the artist carve it and then he added our initials on the bottom.  I'm glad to have it out where I will look at it everyday.  (yes, if you are looking for me, you can find me in here!)



 I also found out about this light bulb cover from Amanda at Dixie Delights.  Perfect way to cover a bare bulb.  The other lighting is from IKEA.  I'm so happy I didn't need to call an electrician in.  I was able to rig everything to work :)  Oh, we also had the ceiling painted.  Best money we spent!  It really makes such a difference.
 I still need to get hooks for the peg board, but it was there and I figured I could put it to good use.  My dad is going to help me figure out how to make some doors to access the space under the stairs.  And I want to get a cart on wheels to go in front of them to be used as a cutting/wrapping table.
 I hope you enjoyed the tour of my little space!
Wall color - Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Grey
Rug from Rugs USA

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a fun room...the colors just make me smile. I am in love with your ribbon storage. It is always so much easier to be inspired when you have everything organized. Happy crafting!

Andy said...

I love it. Especially the chairs!

Gabi said...

Yes, Monograms Mud! It is so easy to find everything now! And the boys love it too.
Thanks Andy! I love the chairs too :). It was much easier to do the second one since I had an idea of what I was doing ;)