Saturday, June 14, 2014

Weekend Fun! (Hello there strangers!)

Hi there!  I always seem to be a better blogger when summertime hits.  Here goes another attempt :)
We have had a fun weekend so far.  My birthday was this past Tuesday and John and I went out last night with some good friends to celebrate.  We had dinner at the club and then went to a local bar where we could play shuffle board.  My friend K and I were the reigning champs going in to the evening (against are darling husbands) and we ended the night still up one game!  Woot Woot!
The shuffleboard table was occupied when we first arrived, so we played darts first.  I'm not good at darts at all!  But we had fun :)

The table opened up pretty quickly, so we were able to get a few games in.  SO much fun!!  I would like to figure out how to get one of these for our basement.


Do you have one of these?  It's a veggie spiralizer and I am obsessed with mine!


This was lunch today.  Sweet potato "noodles" with pancetta, onion and spinach.  It was delish!

John and C played in a parent/child golf tournament today.  They placed 4th and most importantly, C had a blast!  They played 9 holes and then I went up to meet them for the awards ceremony and bbq afterwards.

View from the porch.  That is the first tee right there.  No pressure...

I loved seeing all the kids bags lined up when I arrived.  

J is off at a Bat Mitzvah tonight.  He absolutely refused to let me take any pictures. :(  Oh well.  I will keep trying!

C has a friend over for the evening and John just took them for some ice cream.  I am enjoying the time to have some fun with my new camera!  I just ordered a dongle so I can download pics directly to my iPad while I am on Nantucket (we leave a week from Monday!!  Yippee!!) So be on the lookout for more regular posting! (Fingers crossed!)



2 comments:

Ron said...

Happy Belated birthday, Gabi! I've missed you and glad to see you're back! I hope you will hop on over to Uptown Acorn. I just returned from a week at the beach. I love summer! xo

Gabi said...

Hi Ron! Thanks for commenting! I will definitely pop over to the Uptown Acorn soon :) Glad you had a fun week at the beach. Yes, I love summer too!!